Music glyph design choices

From: tisimst
Subject: Music glyph design choices
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 14:56:12 -0700 (MST)

Dev team, et al,

I have a question that I've been meaning to ask for some time, but just
haven't gotten around to doing. It's about certain glyphs in Emmentaler.
They are general questions about the design decision (which may or may not
lead to any changes). These questions don't necessarily mean I think they
are wrong, I'm just seeking understanding...

1. accidentals.flatflat: Why is the left flat more compressed than the
right? Perhaps if the left were expanded slightly and the right were
compressed slightly, then the glyph width wouldn't have to change, but would
look more consistent.

2. scripts.pralldown, scripts.prallup: The wiggle's thick/thin parts are
opposite of the other similar glyphs, which seems odd to me

I think that's all that appears to be inconsistent with the rest of the
font. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Regards,
Abraham