Re: \acceptance for letting one context-def share accepts for another (i

From: dak
Subject: Re: \acceptance for letting one context-def share accepts for another (issue 260800043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 14:36:39 +0000

On 2015/08/17 14:10:17, pwm wrote:
LGTM.  This will make using custom modified contexts much simpler,
thanks!

My only suggestion is that the plural form of "acceptances" sounds odd
if there
are more than one:

\layout {
   % ...
   \acceptances "MyStaff" "Staff"
   \acceptances "MyLyrics" "Lyrics"
}

What about \accept-like instead?

\layout {
   % ...
   \accept-like "Staff" "MyStaff"
   \accept-like "Lyrics" "MyLyrics"
}

This is the name you suggested (for a different approach) here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2015-03/msg00020.html

I find it clearer and easier to understand than \acceptances.

The plural is because it copies the acceptances of Staff (which is
accepted by GrandStaff, StaffGroup, PianoStaff, Score and stuff) and
makes them acceptances of MyStaff.

https://codereview.appspot.com/260800043/