Re: Moving the Issues DB to Allura

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Moving the Issues DB to Allura
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 13:29:41 +0200

> I'm kind of surprised that you ended up going to sourceforge, whereas
> github was discarded because it wasn't a Free enough solution.

We didn't.  We went to Allura (the software SourceForge is running on)
in order to install on a GNU server.  Tests of the issue data base and
the import did happen on SourceForge for efficiency reasons (we've
missed getting everything set up in time nevertheless) but there is no
intent of moving anything but test installations to SourceForge.

> As dak mentions, this plan goes completely against how LilyPond
> interacts with scheme, and is IMO a bad idea. In fact, I spent a giant
> amount of energy distangling the C++ code from type hierarchy (this
> was in the 1.2 or 1.4 version timeframe IIRC), so interfaces can be
> mixed and matched at runtime.

Well, this particular patch does really nothing obnoxious apart from the
proposed commit message.