Re: Artificial-looking clef in a CueVoice?

From: Bernhard Ott
Subject: Re: Artificial-looking clef in a CueVoice?
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 17:03:24 +0200

On 05/20/2011 11:18 PM, Xavier Scheuer wrote:
On 18 May 2011 11:40, Bernhard Ott<address@hidden>  wrote:

It is there, but AFAIK it can only be found at:
http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/changes/index.html
(which unfortunately seems to be broken this very moment?).

I wrote about this 2 month ago (because I LOVE this enhancement and use it a
lot - thanks, Reinhold!!), but nobody seemed to be interested ;-)

Yes, changes is within documentation, but as a user I would expect this
feature to be explained in the Notation Reference.
NR 1.6.3 Writing parts>  Formatting cue notes
maybe as a snippet.

Changes is not *explaining* how to use this feature, but rather
*informing* that this new feature exists.
NR is IMHO the reference that contains every command that could be used
by a user.  It would be nice to have  \cueDuringWithClef  documented as
well in the NR, isn't it?

Sorry, obviously I wasn't clear about that, you are perfectly right: a wonderful feature like that *should* be in the reference ASAP. To me typesetting cue notes for orchestral parts is a pain, and \cueDuringWithClef makes is a lot easier (and the results looks good!).

Compared to all you guys I'm a bloody newbie, so I'm in no position to offer any help - if you need additional fan mail please let me know <g>.

All the best,
Bernhard