Re: Artificial-looking clef in a CueVoice?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Artificial-looking clef in a CueVoice?
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 20:46:21 +0100

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 05:03:24PM +0200, Bernhard Ott wrote:
> Sorry, obviously I wasn't clear about that, you are perfectly right:
> a wonderful feature like that *should* be in the reference ASAP. To
> me typesetting cue notes for orchestral parts is a pain, and
> \cueDuringWithClef makes is a lot easier (and the results looks
> good!).

Ok, then let's get it added!

> Compared to all you guys I'm a bloody newbie, so I'm in no position
> to offer any help - if you need additional fan mail please let me
> know <g>.

I disagree entirely -- you *can* help.  You can help enormously!

James Lowe, the only full-time documentation writer, is a newbie.
He has learned how to modify our documentation, but he does not
even understand everything in chapter 3 of ther Learning manual.
He certainly does not know how to use
\cueFiddlesticksWithAWoodenMallet.

If you can create a short (2-8 line) lilypond input file that
shows how to use this feature, and maybe add 2-3 sentences
explaining how to use it, this will help our documentation writer.

Seriously.  If he needs to figure out how this works by himself,
then it will probably be added in 3-10 WEEKS.  If you can explain
to him how it works, we can get it added in 3-10 DAYS.

This goes for virtually any piece of documentation.  If something
is lacking, and you either know how to use that command, or are
willing to learn, then get in touch and help out!

Cheers,
- Graham