Re: Cover page

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Cover page
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 19:20:50 +0200

Am 11. September 2018 19:15:51 MESZ schrieb foxfanfare <address@hidden>:
>Kieren MacMillan wrote
>> A decade ago, I tried to use Lilypond for the whole deal… but soon
>found
>> out it was not powerful or flexible enough.
>
>That's interesting! That's also what I fear, but I didn't try yet...
>

>Kieren MacMillan wrote
>> 2. Edit the "wrapper" in LaTeX, with the PDF score included at the
>> appropriate place.
>
>Does this means the PDF is imported in LaTex, a bit like with inDesign?
>Don't you lose some margins precision? Is it appropriate when you
>update
>your original score PDF?

That's where lyluatex comes in (as mentioned by Malte). It handles nearly
everything in this regard, even protrusion.
The cool thing is: it doesn't only *scale* a pdf to fit into the margin, but
makes sure LilyPond compiles with the right layout to begin with. It can even
make LilyPond use the text fonts of the surrounding document, and automatically
caches the score and recompiles when. the score or the layout changes.

Best
Urs