lmi

[lmi] Re: To configure wx-2.6.2

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] Re: To configure wx-2.6.2
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:57:41 +0000

On 2006-3-19 3:33 UTC, Greg Chicares wrote:
[...]

Vadim--I noticed three things that seem odd:

1. With 'configure', it seems that '--enable-commondlg' must be
specified explicitly. I got
  #define wxUSE_COMMON_DIALOGS 0
in '[my-build-dir]/lib/wx/include/msw-ansi-release-2.6/wx/setup.h'
when I didn't specifically enable or disable it. That seems wrong
according to '[wx-2.6.2]/include/wx/msw/setup.h':

  // On rare occasions (e.g. using DJGPP) may want to omit common dialogs (e.g.
  // file selector, printer dialog). Switching this off also switches off the
  // printing architecture and interactive wxPrinterDC.
  //
  // Default is 1
  //
  // Recommended setting: 1 (unless it really doesn't work)
  #define wxUSE_COMMON_DIALOGS 1

2. Similarly, 'configure' gave me
  #define REMOVE_UNUSED_ARG   0
but the distributed 'setup.h' says

  // Set this to 0 if your compiler can't cope with omission of prototype
  // parameters.
  //
  // Default is 1.
  //
  // Recommended setting: 1 (should never need to set this to 0)
  #define REMOVE_UNUSED_ARG   1

However, I don't see any option in 'configure --help' to change it.

3. Similarly, 'configure' gave me
  #define WXWIN_COMPATIBILITY_2_4 1
but the distributed 'setup.h' says

  // Default is 1 but please try building your code with 0 as the default will
  // change to 0 in the next version and the deprecated functions will disappear
  // in the version after it completely.
  //
  // Recommended setting: 0 (please update your code)
  #define WXWIN_COMPATIBILITY_2_4 1

and it's said that at least since wx-2.5.1 .

Anyway, the 'configure' options I'm currently using are:

# Things that don't use the wx license, even though some of the
# license differences may be benign [but at least 'gif' is evil]:
 --disable-gif
 --disable-apple_ieee
 --without-libjpeg
 --without-libtiff
 --without-regex

# Options required to build lmi:
 --enable-monolithic
 --enable-shared
 --disable-threads
 CXXFLAGS='-DNO_GCC_PRAGMA'

# Options that we might not require, but want anyway:
 --enable-stl
 --enable-std_iostreams
 --enable-debug

# Options whose defaults seem other than ideal:
 --enable-commondlg
 --disable-compat24

Wendy--I still haven't done this, though: