lmi

wx-2.9.0 messagebox scrolling [Was: [lmi] help with orphan-control in xs

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: wx-2.9.0 messagebox scrolling [Was: [lmi] help with orphan-control in xsl-fo]
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 14:42:19 +0000

On 2009-05-17 09:45Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Sun, 17 May 2009 03:36:19 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> For production in msw, we're using:
> GC>     long int exit_code = wxExecute(command_line, output, errors);
> GC> to invoke apache's 'fop.bat'. If 'exit_code' is 0L, then we discard
> GC> both 'output' and 'errors'--and, thus, as far as the user can see,
> GC> the command simply succeeded. Otherwise, no pdf file is produced,
> GC> and lmi displays the 'output' and 'errors' array-strings in a
> GC> messagebox (but most likely no messagebox is big enough to hold all
> GC> of them). (That's why I suggested using the command-line version.)
>
>  This is quite OT in this thread but please notice that 2.9.0 message box
> automatically adds a vertical scrollbar if there is too much text in it so
> it should be able to show all the information in a reasonable way, please
> let me know if you (still) have any troubles with it.

I see no vertical scrollbar in this messagebox, with release candidate three.

I copy its contents with Ctrl-C and paste them into a text editor; they're
eighty-five lines long. But in the messagebox I see only forty-one physical
lines, which is all that can fit. Those forty-one correspond to thirty
logical lines, some of which wrap.

I'm using 800 by 600 resolution, but I observe the same issue even at
1280 by 1024. Up- and down-arrow keys, as well as PageUp and PageDown, with
or without Alt, Ctrl, or Shift, have no effect. I'll send a screenshot
privately.