lout-users

Re: Windows support

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: Windows support
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 03:02:05 +0400

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 20:51:07 +0100, James Mansion wrote:

> >>I was excited by Lout but rather gave up when it seemed that I
> >>couldn't do the same things as on *nix and found the code style so
> >>impenetrable I couldn't fix it.

Last time I compiled lout under windows natively, filtering used to
work, IIRC (user manual does use @CP and other symbols that call
prg2lout, so it had to work for the user manual to get formatted).

I don't see why system(3) would suddenly stop working.

> What was most upsetting to me really was how hard it was to see
> where and how the command line to execute was being built.

Why do you need to know how the argument to system() is built internally?

> I can't really find a polite way to describe the structure of it -
> its like the output from a funky source to source translator.

If you couldn't find one, perhaps, you should have kept your opinion
to yourself?

-uwe