lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] socket functionality - nonblocking?

From: Micael
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] socket functionality - nonblocking?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:48:08 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, November 25, 2008 11:23, Piero 74 wrote:
> 2008/11/25 Kieran Mansley <address@hidden>
>> I'm not sure if you can put a listening socket in the
>> readable set and get notified when a new connection arrives either -

> yes... it's possible... i use it in my code... my task loop using a ..
> It works very well.

Thanks guys!

I understand that there are reasons for not supporting non-blocked io, but
are there any plans or work in progress regarding this? Or doesn't the
current infrastructure lend it self to this easily?
I guess it must have been discussed before. I saw some old posts about a
socket2.c?

I am now at the cross section with the sign saying Left "lwip" Right
"commercial IP stack". :)

If I choose lwip, I guess I will have to either do some implementation
outside the socket layer, or try to help the development of lwip in the
non-blocking way.

Background:
I like the socket api, because of its portability, and almost all my
designs are a bunch of nodes that has open connections to many other,
non-blocking is crucial for me. In this design, I would use lwip with
freertos.org on an NXP arm7tdmi.

 Micael