lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP delays outgoing TCP packets by up to 500ms

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP delays outgoing TCP packets by up to 500ms
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 09:20:49 +0200

Jakub Schmidtke wrote:

> I am using lwip with NO_SYS=1, and I have noticed
> that outgoing TCP packets are very delayed.
>
> It looks like between writing a packet (using tcp_write),
> and the time it actually written to the interface it takes usually about
> 200ms.

Maybe your sys_now() or sys_jiffies() functions are too course?
They should have a resolution of approx. 1 msec. But depending on your
hardware it could not be so easy to accomplish. BTW, what is your hardware?

I've myself built with NO_SYS=1 on djgpp/MSDOS with no long delays
as you describe. Hence I think it's a problem with your 'clock-tick'
function.

--
--gv