lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV colors in lynx 2.6

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV colors in lynx 2.6
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 15:16:03 +0900 (JST)

> I got slang and built it, then edited makefile and
> built lynx2.6 for 'sun4-slang'.
> I again tried various settings for the COLOR options in lynx.cfg with no
> effect.

To get color the slang way, you need to run lynx with the command line switch
`-color'.

> no matter what I do to the color options.  That's using TERM=vt220.
> When TERM=ansi, the screen is the same as in lynx2.5.)

The TERM setting really has little to do with slang color.  As long as
your real terminal can present color, and your terminal emulator software,
or dialup software, is not stripping off escape codes, you should get
color.

> Obviously someone else has colors working.  What am I doing wrong?

Yes, have them working.  If you have the command line switch, and you got
no errors with the sun4-slang target, then I guess it's your emulator or
dialup software.

__Henry
;
;