lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 8-bit chars and LYgetstr

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 8-bit chars and LYgetstr
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 17:15:36 -0500 (EST)

> Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:49:28 -0600 (CST)
> From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
> That won't make a difference, since all the tests for this just
> check for existence with #ifdef or #if defined(...).  You should
> completely remove the define.

Ok, I undef'd it instead but still have the problem.
(Since the problem also occurred in 2.7.2, which Tom says was
before keymaps was implemented, I don't think it has
anything to do with keymaps.)

> Read samples/lynx-keymaps.
>
> Actually, you can try to map those chars explicitly to their byte
> values in your ~/.lynx-keymaps file, see whether that makes a
> difference.

Again, I tried mapping various chars in .lynx-keymaps and
found it worked with ncurses, but I still lost the same chars (alt135, 139)
using slang.

> Maybe dev.17 makes a difference, but I doubt it.

Still fails.

> In case you still have _some_ incentive:
>
> Have you tried setting TERM to something different?

I tried vt100 instead of vt220.  Same deal.

> Does "stty -a" show cs8?

It shows cs8

> Is there more than one libslang.* file, and the slang.h doesn't
> correspond to the right version?
Nope.

Could there be something not initialized correctly in slang?
--le