lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Cookies and command line operation

From: brian j pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Cookies and command line operation
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 20:34:31 -0400

[cc'd for the same reasons]

Kim DeVaughn wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 1999, Patrick Payne (address@hidden) said:
> |
> | Version: Lynx Version 2.8.1rel.2 (1998)
>
> | lynx -nolist -source -accept_all_cookies
> | -cookie_file=/tmp/cookie.file http://mail.yahoo.com
> |
> | While this command works, the cookie does not get written
> | out to disk (/tmp/cookie.file).  Any attempts to proceed to
> | the next page fails (yahoo complains of no cookie)
>
> | Is there another switch I have to set???
>
> I *think* (IIRC) that in 2.8.1rel.2, the PERSISTENT_COOKIES option in
> the lynx.cfg file was defaulted to FALSE.  You need to set that to
> TRUE (and you might also look over the other cookie related entries
> in lynx.cfg to be sure they are alright).

Everything Kim said is right, but there's another thing.  Cookies are
broken in -source and -dump mode in pre-2.8.2devsomething.  There is
no workaround other than upgrading.  If you don't want to do a full
upgrade to 2.8.2 or a 2.8.3 dev version, I have a patch that will
apply to 2.8.1rel.2 (with a bit of fuzz, but it works).

http://www.psnw.com/~posterkid/code/lynx-dump_output_cookie.patch

(Anyone want to throw this into the Faq-O-Matic?)

--
Bug:
        An elusive creature living in a program that makes it incorrect.