lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Cookies and command line operation

From: brian j pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Cookies and command line operation
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 21:32:21 -0400

On Wed, Oct 20, 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:
> I don't think it's the right answer.
>
> 1. Don't encourage using the old version.  If he has to patch and
> recompile anyway, he may as well get the newer version (even better
> a recent 2.8.3dev).

Definitely not encouraging using an old version, especially if someone
is doing something cookie related -- so much has changed even in that
one area that it's worth the upgrade.  But, I do know that some places
might be more likely to apply a patch for a bugfix as opposed to
jumping to a new version (the place where I work, for example) because
they don't have enough time to test things before they put them out
for the general public.

> 2. He doesn't have a problem with -dump, only with -source, if I read
> his message right.  I don't think your patch addresses his -source
> problem, only the -dump problem which he doesn't have.

I don't have 2.8.1rel.2 source breakout sitting around, but at least
in current dev version, -source (along with -dump, -get_data and
-post_data) sets the "dump_output_immediately" variable, which is
where the bug in LYCookie.c in 2.8.1 is found.  I may be wrong, but I
don't think so.

--
Flon's Law:
        There is not now, and never will be, a language in which it is