lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Cookies and command line operation

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Cookies and command line operation
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 14:11:24 +0400 (MSD)

29-Oct-99 20:48 Klaus Weide wrote:

> So here's a somewhat different idea: A 'save_cookies' flag that
> tells lynx whther to *write* cookies to file or not.
> In interactive mode, default is
>  - ON if persistent cookies are enabled
>  - OFF if persistent cookies are disabled
> In noninteractive mode, default is
>  - OFF

I think this is a very useful approach: always *read* cookies_file
(when cookies are ON), but write to cookies_file conditionally;
this is much better than current "PERSISTENT_COOKIES:TRUE/FALSE"
behaviour. One could be a command line toggle
and probably lynx.cfg option (instead of PERSISTENT_COOKIES:

in this particular case I feel it is not bad to break backward compatibility
with naming convention - persistent cookies were experimental anyway.
And EXP_PERSISTENT_COOKIES could now be renamed to PERSISTENT_COOKIES symbol:)