microdc-devel

RE: [microdc-devel] German Umlauts

From: Hermann Schneider
Subject: RE: [microdc-devel] German Umlauts
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:02:38 +0100

Hi,

thx for your fast answer, you are doing a realy good job :)

thats strange, hub_charsest and filesyste_charset are set to UTF-8,
if i say somthing like "äöü" i get as a hub msg, "äöü", like it has to
be, the filenames in browse mode, and the console äöü.. does also work
fine, BUT if someone else say's e.g "ü" i get "\374" . Also name like
"müp" are displayed as "m\374p"

I dont know exactly what it could be, but for me as a novice Java
programmer, i would say there is some kind of conversation problem
between the hub and microdc. I dont realy know, just an simple thought.

My version 0.15.4 build from source.
Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06.1

Hermann