microdc-devel

RE: [microdc-devel] German Umlauts

From: Vladimir Chugunov
Subject: RE: [microdc-devel] German Umlauts
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:48:51 +0300

Hi,

are you sure that hub you are using uses UTF8 encoding? Try to set hub_charset
variable to CP1250 or CP1252 value. In case of windows-based hub software I
think it should be CP1250 by default.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_code_page)

Messages you are writing to the hub or to another user always appears correct
to you because first such messages are converted from terminal charset to hub
charset according to hub_charset variable and after receiving a copy from hub
them are converted back.

Regards, Vladimir.