Re: FLAC ntohl patch (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Rele

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: FLAC ntohl patch (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.16)
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 15:26:13 +0200

Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> schrieb:
> Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:
> >
> > Just wondering if winsock2 should be used. In other packages we
> > generally try to use winsock2. Perhaps it's good to be consistent so
> > applications don't end up statically linked to both versions.
>
> I also thought about that. However, this would mean to change the
> sources (to include the winsock2 header) in addition to the *.pc
> file.
>
> So nothing against it, but if you do that, please propose the patch
> to upstream.

One more thing: To my knowledge, there shouldn't be any problems
when linking to winsock and winsock2 at the same time.

But in case you want to upgrade all packages to winsock2, please
check the following packages, too:  [1]

    aubio
    flac
    libshout
    nsis
    sdl_net
    sdl_sound
    wxwidgets
    xine-lib

Greets,
Volker

[1] FYI, I created this list using the following commands:

    make
    cd log
    grep -l wsock32 * |  grep -v w32api

--