Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] package python: compiles on multi-target

From: Alois Schlögl
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] package python: compiles on multi-target
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 08:21:34 +0100

On 02/09/2013 04:10 AM, Tony Theodore wrote:
> Hi Alois,
>
> On 09/02/2013, at 2:14 AM, Alois Schloegl <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> I've managed to cross-compile python 3.3.0 [1]. After some hazzles, also
>> the need for wine is gone.
>>
>> I'm not sure about the install step, which files should go where. It
>> would be great if anyone could have a look.
>
> It looks like you're building a python.exe that I imagine would be placed
> into some sort of staging directory, ready for packaging and distribution. In
> that case, you can "install" it somewhere that makes sense according to your
> setup. I'm not entirely clear on what you're trying to do.

I'm trying to build the toolchain for cross-compiling stimfit with
python enabled, as well as a python binding for libbiosig. Stimfit with
Python enabled needs python, numpy, matplotlib, and wxPython. wxPython
does compile, but it generates library files that overlap with some of
wxWidgets. Not sure yet, what's the best way of dealing with this.

> Cheers,
>
> Tony
>
> P.S. Apologies for not replying to your pull request - it appeared to be
> mixed up between master/multi-target and was too big to make sense of. In the
> future, could you separate each new package into it's own request and also
> bear in mind that we generally only include libraries, not applications?

I'll try. When moving to multi-target, I've probably messed up some
things. If you have any suggestions how to fix it, please let me know.
It seems, I've still to learn many things about using git/github. What's
the recommended way, when I want support for applications (like stimfit)
in my repo ? Should I make a separate branch ?

Alois