Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Status of build with shared libraries

From: Peter Rockett
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Status of build with shared libraries
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 14:32:02 +0100

On 20/10/13 06:37, Tony Theodore wrote:
Welcome John,

On 15/10/2013, at 6:16 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:

...snip
The starting point as I see it is completing the build infrastructure to handle
shared rules. We need to add some configuration hooks to the package rules,
then decide if we want to try and build the variants side-by-side. The more I
think about it, the more I think we should just build each variant separately -

is anyone really going to want multiple toolchains simultaneously?

Erm... yes. For different projects. Two distinct toolchains imposes a maintenance burden on users.

P.

Once that's done, submitting patches should be fairly straightforward. I'm not
sure about the MSVC builds, that may require some changes to make it easier for
downstream modifications to be made in a way that allows upstream to be easily
merged.

Cheers,

Tony