Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Status of build with shared libraries

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Status of build with shared libraries
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 02:05:55 +1100

On 21/10/2013, at 8:01 PM, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'd strongly prefer this one. I had also thought of
> replacing the dummy "-pc-" in the middle:
>
> i686-static-mingw32-gcc
> i686-shared-mingw32-gcc
>
> However, that might be too much of a hack, so I
> prefer the "i686-pc-mingw32.static" style.

Only problem with the "vendor" segment is that gcc apparently uses *-w64-* to
enable features.

[…]
> I don't think we should do it that way, except some
> technical obstacles prevent us from doing the
> "i686-pc-mingw32.static" style. See below.

Shared Qt4 Webkit and demos are now building side-by-side with the normal
static build (i686-pc-mingw32 only tested)[1]. So far I haven't seen any major
issues and I think the basic approach will work. The $(MXE_CONFIGURE_OPTS)
variable takes care of a lot, and the others have been quite straightforward so
far.

Cheers,

Tony

[1] https://github.com/tonytheodore/mxe/tree/shared-using-target