Re: [Mldonkey-users] donkey servers

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] donkey servers
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:00:58 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

>> Never kill donkey with kill <pid>, use one of the frontends and issue
>> the kill command. Otherwise your core will not save it status and you
>> loose downloads.
> Shouldn't it exit nicely upon receiving a signal 15, though? Why not
> catch that signal and have the core save the status and whatever else it
> needs to do before terminating?

AFAIK it does exi cleanly with SIGINT.

kill -INT `pidof mldonkey`

should do just fine. The only thing you should do is to loop
after this kill and wait until pidof is not saying the PID anymore.

I wrote my own startup-script (which is called in ip-up), because the
reconnect is still not working properly with mldonkey 8+5, even with a
SIGHUP (which does either nothing or exits mldonkey)

-Roland