Re[2]: Probably a Bug? Was: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: donkey servers

From: crazee_canuck
Subject: Re[2]: Probably a Bug? Was: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: donkey servers
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 13:28:21 -0400

Wednesday, October 9, 2002, 11:00:16 AM, you wrote:

MS> On Wednesday 09 October 2002 12:15, Roland Arendes wrote:
>> Hi,

>> > I noticed yesterday morning that mldonkey had quit to do anything
>> > within the night. After some time of confusion i noticed that
>> > enable_edonkey was false - i never changed that.
>> > Had anyone else seen this effect? Bug?
>>
>> I posted this issue about one week ago the first time. I thought it was
>> in conjunction with mldonkeywatch, but it isn't. Someone replied that
>> he got the same problem.

MS> This one was me :) . And I had it again, two days ago with an actual cvs.
And
MS> I did not do SIGHUP.

I have also noticed this behaviour.  I haven't been able to figure out
what is causing the enable_donkey to be set to false.  It isn't an
issue of killing ml from the shell, as I haven't had to resort to
that.  Then again, I haven't init 6'd my box to go through the system
shutdown for awhile either :)

$ uptime
 13:15:44 up 22 days, 20:04,  5 users,  load average: 0.20, 0.23, 0.28

Since disabling the overnet support, I haven't noticed the problem of
mldonkey not connecting to servers after a few hours as has been
reported by a few on the ed2k board. I didn't start noticing this
problem until the CVS version of 10/05

MS> BTW what signal is sent to mldonkey on system shutdown, is this a problem
for
MS> mldonkey (I mean, if mld don't save something or similar)?

MS> And what is the default signal from kill (I know I could look into the man
MS> page, ...).

SIGKILL is the default signal.

MS> Regards
MS> Martin Schmidt