Re: [Mldonkey-users] resuming after connection loss

From: axel
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] resuming after connection loss
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:56:18 +0100

if the mldonkey process is terminated or doesen't exit properly, it leaves
*.tmp files, if you try restarting mldonkey without deleting them before it
quits immeadiatly. you should see a message in the terminal from which you
try to start mldonkey that tells you this.
you didnt see this propably because you start mldonkey by clicking on it under
kde or some other wm, in that case kde closes the terminal if the process
quits and you wont be able to read the error message in the half second this
takes. i think most other windowmangers behave the same way kde does in such
a case.
the solution would be to go to the directory where mldonkey stores its config
and do an "rm -f *.tmp" to get rid of these files and then restart mldonkey.

you should whenever possible use the builtin kill command of mldonkey to shut
it down, so mldonkey can do its cleanup stuff.