[Mldonkey-users] Re: resuming after connection loss

From: Sebastian Luque
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: resuming after connection loss
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:48:24 -0600

Well, that shows how bad my understanding of mldonkey has been! Thanks for
clarifying the mess I had in my head. I was under the impression that the
three entries for mldonkey in the k menu ("mldonkey server start", "mldonkey
server stop", and "mldonkey gui") were enough to use the program; to start
the server, stop it, and the gui for up/downloading files, respectively. So
when the gui showed the connection was lost (displayed as "Not connected"), I
thought that clicking on "mldonkey server stop" would "properly" shutdown the
system (e.g. clean up all those *.tmp files). But obviously that wasn't
working. How should I properly shutdown then? Should I forget about the k
menu entries and use a console? I'm really happy to hear that mldonkey will
pick up the work where it left off before the connection was lost! Thanks a
lot.

On a related note, I'm an Emacs user, and came across a lisp interface for
mldonkey (http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~dhansen/mldonkey/) which sounds
fantastic and would perhaps allow me to use mldonkey more properly. Any
comments from users?

--
Best wishes,
Sebastian