Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [Monotone-commits-diffs] Revision c6569e455defc

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [Monotone-commits-diffs] Revision c6569e455defcd6b0d889edcff0bb0fe6180a376
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 04:55:50 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:40:45 +0200 (CEST),
address@hidden said:

ml-monotone> On  1 Sep, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
ml-monotone> > 'cvs import' does a merge into the main trunk by
ml-monotone> > default, unless it finds a conflict.  That's when it
ml-monotone> > tells you to do a merging update, solve the conflicts
ml-monotone> > and commit.
[...]
ml-monotone> If I want to get the newest imported modifications of a
ml-monotone> file I modified on my own, I have to issue an "update
ml-monotone> -j", haven't I?

Only when there's a conflict between the vendor branch and the main
trunk.  When that happens, you get this message:

  {n} conflicts created by this import.
  Use the following command to help the merge:

          cvs checkout -j<prev_rel_tag> -j{current_rel_tag} project

Note "to help the merge"...  Also, there's at least one file that has
been marked 'C' instead of 'U' or 'P'.

Cheers,
Richard

-----