[Monotone-devel] Re: 0.48 rants

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: 0.48 rants
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 12:54:46 +0200

Derek Scherger wrote:
> There was *absolutely* no intent of slowing anyone down with this. It
> was about allowing review and changes and unifying the various randomly
> different output formats. Configuring your EDITOR with +N should allow
> the leading lines to be skipped.

I like it quite a bit using EDITOR="nano +14"... though of course this
only applies to mtn and is not the correct value for other programs.

I was thinking, should be the default hook that adds "+14" to the editor
name? (maybe recognizing it in a short list of ones that *do* support
that +N thing I wasn't aware of)

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“More people are killed every year by pigs than by sharks, which shows
you how good we are at evaluating risk.” (Bruce Schneier, "Beyond Fear",
2003)