Re: [nmh-workers] mhshow: invalid BASE64 encoding in --

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] mhshow: invalid BASE64 encoding in --
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2019 17:25:57 -0400

>I understand that the list is broken (and I've passed this on to the
>administrator). But my perspective is this: I've used nmh for eight
>years, and while I'm a big fan of the concept, and it has noticeably
>improved in usability in that time, it is still difficult. My camel's
>back is not broken yet, but it's beginning to buckle under the strain.
>I wish nmh would at least try to handle situations that other clients
>handle. Being told "that OTHER software is broken" repeatedly might be
>technically correct, but it doesn't help me when every mainstream mail
>client seems to be at least minimally usable in these situations.

Dude, I feel your pain.  I hope I communicated in my other email that
I think we should do better.  From a practical standpoint ... I try to
balance my desire to re-architecture the MIME code completely (which
would improve lots of things but take a long time) to fixing things in
the short term (which helps people now, but is just adding a Band-Aid
on top of a huge pile of Band-Aids).

--Ken