pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: has development of pan stopped since januari 2004?

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: has development of pan stopped since januari 2004?
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:12:56 -0600

On 11/22 09:52 , Charles Kerr wrote:
> > * Fully automated multi-server support, with priorities and fallback
> >   (Note that this is more advanced than PAN, but of course PAN does
> >   posting and text while klibido doesn't.)
>
> Nice.  Is the GUI for this worth stealing? :)

the main thing that I found interesting about the klibido GUI is the way it
launches individual messages in new tabs. this is convenient for opening
them, but annoying for closing them. I'm still undecided on the merits of
this feature, but it sounds like the sort of thing some people will
definitely like. I think it would be a good idea to add to Pan.

It definitely makes more use of the tabbed-window paradigm than Pan does. (I
run Pan in tabbed mode).
it's irritating to have to keep clicking on tabs; but I think some hotkey
bindings and good default behaviors (like Pan has) will aid in the
resolution of this.

so, all in all, it has its merits but some serious drawbacks at the moment.
new versions should polish this out quite a bit.

--
Carl Soderstrom

Thomas Jefferson - "Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the
government of
 himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others?"