pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan just keeps loading and loading...

From: Maurice Batey
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan just keeps loading and loading...
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:43:37 +0100

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 04:29:17 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> suggest switching to something like claws-mail

  I too am afraid of the 'akonadification' of KDE and its effect on good old
KMail, so have just tried an install of claws-mail 3.7.5 here under Mandriva
2010.2.

Looks good, but as soon as I saw that it deals only in 'mbox' directories I
lost interest, as I need the flexibility of 'maildir' directories.
  I don't suppose later versions provide for maildir?

Another attempt to evade the akonadification I'm trying is the 'Trinity'
version of KDE, essentially a KDE 3.5.10 fork of KDE, which is available on
openSUSE 12.1, where I have installed it.
   It's a joy to have the good old Kmail and addressbook back again, though
there is the odd price to pay with missing KDE4 facilities for e.g. Dropbox and
VLC. The jury is out at the moment, but if Mandriva goes down the tubes and
Mageia doesn't come up with the goods I may well jump ship back to SUSE.
  (My first Linux distro was SuSE 9.0.)

--
/\/\aurice