Re: --nest for nested argument files

From: Rhys Ulerich
Subject: Re: --nest for nested argument files
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 10:06:17 -0500

>> Following a recent discussion on the list I have given some thought to
>> making an option --nest.

> My first thought was --multiply (as in multiply list 1 with list 2)
> but I agree that --nest (as in nested for loops) is better.

Hmm... along the lines of --multiply I'd have said --outer as in outer
product.  You could then also have --inner as in inner product which
would concatenate lines from multiple files prior to processing.

I'd think something called "--nest" would be handy for situations
where one wants parallel to invoke parallel.

- Rhys