Re: --nest for nested argument files

From: Matt Oates (Home)
Subject: Re: --nest for nested argument files
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 14:33:51 +0100

Hi All,

My $0.02

On 3 May 2011 16:43, Ole Tange <tange@gnu.org> wrote:
> I would like the option to be called something that people might
> google for. I personally would never have googled for outer and inner.
> I might have googled for multiply.
>
> Can we come up with an even better word? Maybe something already used
> elsewhere?

There is a generator function in the Icon programming langauge that
does something very similar called 'every' the point being you are
generating every combination of some data and the whole expression
gets around having to nest any loops at all! Describe the
functionality not what it's replacing, 'forevery' or 'forall' might be
good too.

Really looking forward to using this, thanks for your efforts Ole!

Best,
Matt.