[Phpgroupware-developers] Transactions with third-party

From: Jim
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Transactions with third-party
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 06:02:25 -0700

Hello, all!

Is there a built-in mechanism by which phpGW may be used to conduct
transactions across the net?

Here is the scenario in question:

1) User logs in to site and places an order.

2) That order is sent to the merchant commerce people who clear the credit
card request with the bank.

3) There are two URLs that are also sent the merchant commerce people at the
time of the transaction: a URL to come back to if the credit card order is
good, another if it fails.

What is happening is that when the "Success" URL is being invoked by the
merchant commerce people I am getting the login screen with the "Your
session could not be verified." message.

This tells me that phpGW is thinking that a security breech is in progress
rather than closing the circle on a transaction with a third-party outside
the domain of phpGW.

Is there a mechanism built into phpGW that I am unaware of that I should be
using?

Can the user session information be saved to the phpgw_app_sessions table
and brought back to resume the user's session to complete the transaction?

Is there another approach that I just need to be brought up to speed on?

Thanks much for any recommendations/advice.

Jim