Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Transactions with third-party

From: Jim
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Transactions with third-party
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 09:56:57 -0700

Chris:

RE: I use db and no cookies. You may have to logoff after changes this
setting before it will take.

This seems to work. But I noticed something strange.

In the table phpgw_config, field config_name, if the usecookies value exists
at all it will not work. In other words it is not enough that the value is
set to False. The field 'usecookies' cannot exist - period - in order for
this to work. Logic would dictate that being set to false would be enough.

Do you know of ripple effects that this will have on the rest of the site
that I should be aware of?

The site is an e-commerce one that uses cookies in the classic shopping cart
paradigm.

One last thing, if I can stretch my welcome time with you:

Is there a function in phpGW that the developer can invoke in order to get
the user's sessionID on the fly? If I cannot rely on the use of cookies for
the sessionID, then I will need to have a means of getting it somehow. I
have no doubt that a function call exists...I just don't know what its name
is.

-- Thanks much!

Jim