[Phpgroupware-developers] Re: NEW APP: addbook is in cvs

From: martin f krafft
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] Re: NEW APP: addbook is in cvs
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 21:40:46 +0200

also sprach Guillaume Courtois <address@hidden> [2002.05.07.1533 +0200]:
> Same thing for the date : we use day (monday, etc ...) / number of
> the day / month, but not day, month number of the day ! That should
> be flexible too ... But on the end of my phpGW page, it's always
> written "Mardi Mai 07, 2002" instead of "Mardi 7 Mai 2002" ...

which is amerocentric...
i think that dates are something that phpgroupware can just well
impose on the users, especially if months are spelt out. there is not
way that you can misunderstand 7 May 2002, even if you are american,
and it makes a whole lot more sense than May 7, 2002! after all,
i don't e.g. talk about line 7 5th character of /etc/X11/ file
XF86Config-4, but of char 5 of line 7 of XF86Config-4 in /etc/X11/!

and on a related note:
some countries place apartment numbers before street names, some (like
germany) put it afterwards. this should also not be imposed, but
i guess that nowadays, house number and street don't get different
fields anyway, so it's not a big deal...

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:"; address@hidden

"the well-bred contradict other people.
 the wise contradict themselves."
                                                        -- oscar wilde