RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] NEW APP: addbook is in cvs

From: Brad Sturgill
Subject: RE: [Phpgroupware-developers] NEW APP: addbook is in cvs
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 11:45:09 -0700

that anybody should have to "conform" to ONE particular standard, rather
that the system be flexible to meet the standard of the end user.  To that
end, there are a number of ways to facilitate this change including but not
limited to:

1.  recognizing the location of the individual (by country) and applying the
standard.
2.  by allowing the end user to define screen sequence standards on their
own in preferences.  this would allow a default preference to be established
by the administrator and then the user to override the default if they
prefer.

This should be true for everything that has different geographic standards.

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 06:47:16PM -0700, Brad Sturgill wrote:
> Thanks Seek3r,

Yes, thanks Seek3r.

> Heiko & Michael, can you work on the standards issues?  I have to admit

Please note that Heiko is the one who coded addbook. So he better
answers this.

As a matter of fact I have to learn more php to code myself. :-)

> 8.  In the U.S. Postal Code typically comes after the region (state) when
> entering.  I am assuming that this is not true globally, but is it
possible
> to move this to that location (I will do this in my code anyway but...).

Well in Germany the Postal Code always comes before the city. Of course
this is different from the US way to write addresses but why should
addbook be changed to the US way? I don't understand that argument
sorry, or did you want to say the majority of countries uses the US way?

[This part originally was sent by Seek3r.]
> addbook is new, and I am not sure how stable it is, but the code needs
> lots of work to be compliant with our standards and some parts of the
> code dont make sense to me. Im sure it will all be worked out over time

I think we should compile a list of all open problems/bugs/compliance
changes etc.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes