Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] NEW APP: addbook is in cvs

From: Del
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] NEW APP: addbook is in cvs
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 22:42:45 +1000

Well in Germany the Postal Code always comes before the city. Of course
this is different from the US way to write addresses but why should
addbook be changed to the US way? I don't understand that argument
sorry, or did you want to say the majority of countries uses the US way?

As a point of reference:

-  Australia uses the US way.
-  New Zealand doesn't use postcodes.  Well, it has them in a few places
   but nobody uses them, and the posties don't make any use of them.

It often frustrates me that I have to put in a postcode of "1" or "00001"
or "NA" or something for an address in NZ that doesn't have a postcode,
because overseas based addressbook systems *require* a postcode.

Make it optional, make it flexible.

--
Del