[Phpgroupware-developers] categories, ACL and VFS

From: totschnig . michael
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] categories, ACL and VFS
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 01:08:02 -0400

I forgot another point: I think a new model for categories/folders
should include defining ACL. Adminstrators and users should be able to
define for whom objects in a folder are visible and editable. Thus
applications could make use of folder-level ACL without any extra
work.
And another idea: I think the VFS should make use of such a folder
system too! Thus users would not have a separate filemanager, but they
could create their files in the same place they put their addresses,
appointments, webpages, etc.

Michael

address@hidden a écrit:

> I want to second Alex' enthousiasm about the idea of rethinking and
> extending the way categories work in phpgroupware. I think, currently
> they are underutilized because a view and an interaction like Philip
> proposes is missing. I want to a suggestion that I have already
> submitted as a feature request on savannah:
> It would be nice if there were a hook for defining data an application
> wants to store for a cateogry, and in the administration interface for
> categories, application specific input elements are appended to the
> standard input elements for defining category name and description.
> As an example, in news_admin in HEAD you can configure RSS exports for
> each category. Instead of having a separate UI for this configuration,
> it could be done on the same page the category is defined.
>
> Michael

[...]