Re: Pingus Windows Installer

From: Neil Mitchell
Subject: Re: Pingus Windows Installer
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:32:40 +0100

>  > Easily done but it means you can't have more than one installation per
>  > machine. A better idea would be to get the path of the program .exe,
>  > and then tag data on to the end of that. I can supply code to do that,
>  > but can't compile a binary so can't test it.
>
> I suppose a third option is to create a .pif file with the 'start
> directory' set to whatever. (I think it's .pif files that allow you to
> do that).

No, pif files let you do that with DOS programs, lnk (shortcut files) let
you do that for Windows programs. The shortcut it puts on the desktop (.lnk)
already has a "Start in folder" parameter, I just didn't bother setting it.
To do so is a one line change, which I will do in the next few days.

Neil