protux-devel

Re: [Protux-devel] project save broken, lost / somewhere

From: Luciano Giordana
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] project save broken, lost / somewhere
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 00:38:12 +0000

On Monday 30 December 2002 02:00 am, Martin Herren wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Dec 2002 23:28:12 +0000
>
> Luciano Giordana <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Please commit it if you think it is ok. But I didnt understand one thing.
> > shouldnt the SAVE process be implemented so I can LOAD it ?
>
> (i think you are talking about SAVE AS ?, as SAVE seems to work beside the
> missing /) yes, it should be implemented so that LOAD makes sense... to
> test LOAD i just made some copies of the Untitled dir with different
> contents... But SAVE AS alone doesn't make much sense neither as it's not
> possible to load it afterwards... both are needed but it's easier to begin
> with one ;-)
>
> > remember that SAVE process is just a matter of renaming the Untitled dir
> > into the name given, so it become fast
>
> Shouldn't it copy the Untitled dir to a new dir insteed of just renaming it
> ? So it would be possible to make several copies of a project to test
> different stuff on it...

we discussed this some months ago and decided to only rename to save disk space
and to
be a fast operation. If user explicitly start a new project, another Untitled
tree is created

the ideia is to put some kind of "LAST_PROJECT=ProjectAAA" in .protuxrc file ,
so next time
protux restarts, it will automatically open it. Protux is opening only the
untitled become this
is not implemented yet..

--
Luciano Giordana - Musician - Certified Java/GNU C++ Developer - Free Software
Evangelist