qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac keyboard not supported

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac keyboard not supported
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 02:16:04 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, Laurent Amon wrote:

> I would like to know if other mac users have trouble using their mac
> keyboards with current CVS.

Yes.

> Setup : Host Mac OS X 10.3 with TiBook or Pro keyboard, Guest Win98. I
> have a French keyboard but also tested with US mapping.
>
> The keyboard mapping is completely shot up. I posted a patch a while
> back for an older version, but the patch was not very clean. Has
> anybody written a mac (french or us) keymap file?

If there is a need for a special mac keymap, then there is something
completely rotten.

As far as people told me, there were only problems with Escape, Apple,
and keys outside of ASCII (code>127). The first two problems are fixed
(hopefully) by the attached patch. The other keys are more of a problem: I
believe that this is a bug in SDL: AFAIK in
src/video/maccommon/SDL_macevents.c, at the end of Mac_InitOSKeymap(), the
if after the comment about non-ASCII, should be replaced by the command in
the else branch: "MAC_keymap[i] = value;", i.e. not treat the non-ASCII
case specially.

I would very much like to know if anybody has success with that.

Ciao,
Dscho