quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Strange problem when applying and refreshing a patch

From: Ozan Çağlayan
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Strange problem when applying and refreshing a patch
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 23:43:38 +0300

Ozan Çağlayan wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having this weird situation from time to time, couldn't really figure
>> out the reason and I decided to ask here.
>>
>> I have a patch generated by "git log -p" which contains 6 consecutive git
>> commits to the same source file.
>>

> Phew, I already read the quilt pdf with the known issues section but
> totally forgot that this example that I've sent was acting always on the
> same file. I just re-read it and then switched to Suse tarball, and it's
> fixed. It's sad that the upstream tarballs still dates from 2004.

Actually it partially fixed the problem:

* quilt push doesn't apply the 2nd commit in the patch file (expected
behaviour),
* quilt push -f works fine, just after pushing -f, quilt diff -z output
is null,
* I resolve the conflict, quilt diff -z output just contains my latest
modifications, it's fine,
* Then I refresh the patch, boom, the initial patch is reduced from 17KB
to 14KB.

Regards,