quilt-dev

Re: [Quilt-dev] Strange problem when applying and refreshing a patch

From: Ozan Çağlayan
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] Strange problem when applying and refreshing a patch
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 00:23:31 +0300

Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:

> What did you expect, that quilt somehow magically preserves the six
> individual
> patches or the comments between patches? It cannot do that. If you want to
> preserve individual patches, don't concatenate them in the first place.

Well, yes. I was hoping that quilt will preserve the comments, etc. I'm
not insisting on it
but I was thinking that was the expected behaviour.

And if quilt doesn't preserve the comments, the hunks, etc. it may be
normal that the size
reduces from 19KB to 15KB eventhough the 4KB difference will always make
me paranoid enough
to check if some hunks are disappeared :) Actually that was the case in
here, the applied
driver wasn't compiling so I had the instant feeling that the 4KB has
garbled the patch but it wasn't
related to quilt at all.

As I've resolved the patch bug, I'll now be happy with my quilt, thanks!

Regards,
Ozan Caglayan