jami

[Ring] Install problem with ubuntu 16.10

From: Grégory Blanc
Subject: [Ring] Install problem with ubuntu 16.10
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 17:11:32 +0100

Hi,

I try to install Ring software on my computer using Ubuntu 16.10 as described on page  https://ring.cx/en/download/gnu-linux

Installation seems to be ok but when I launch program I have the following error :

[libprotobuf FATAL google/protobuf/stubs/common.cc:61] This program requires version 3.0.0 of the Protocol Buffer runtime library, but the installed version is 2.6.1.  Please update your library.  If you compiled the program yourself, make sure that your headers are from the same version of Protocol Buffers as your link-time library.  (Version verification failed in "/build/libphonenumber-ClRhsc/libphonenumber-7.1.0/cpp/src/phonenumbers/phonemetadata.pb.cc".)
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'google::protobuf::FatalException'
  what():  This program requires version 3.0.0 of the Protocol Buffer runtime library, but the installed version is 2.6.1.  Please update your library.  If you compiled the program yourself, make sure that your headers are from the same version of Protocol Buffers as your link-time library.  (Version verification failed in "/build/libphonenumber-ClRhsc/libphonenumber-7.1.0/cpp/src/phonenumbers/phonemetadata.pb.cc".)
/usr/bin/ring.cx : ligne 46 :  6550 Abandon                 (core dumped) gnome-ring $*

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Greg