rule-list

Re: [Rule-list] links web browser [not lynx] has text & graphics version

From: Marco Fioretti
Subject: Re: [Rule-list] links web browser [not lynx] has text & graphics versions
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 04:31:51 +0100

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 18:17:38 at 06:17:38PM -0800, Eugene Wong (address@hidden)
wrote:

> >It is going to be an interesting fight.
> <snip>
>
> Why do you say that?

Because I've read several times (can't remember where right away)
discussion between w3m and links users that just could never agree on
how to compare the two programs.

> >Eugene, may I ask you, as a contribution to that page, to investigate
> >how the w3m and links RPM coming with Psyche compare in terms of
> >
> I don't understand this "Psyche" that you speak of. Clarification?

I mean "how do the w3m and links binaries and config files included in
stock Psyche RPMSs compare"? For example, is it needed to change the
default configuration in those RPMs to achieve, say, Asian fonts
support? Is it needed to recompile from source to have feature X?

Thanks for your other material, I'll format it and include in that web
page.
        Ciao,
                Marco Fioretti