Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah and non-GNU software

From: Thomas Bushnell, BSG
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Savannah and non-GNU software
Date: 22 Mar 2001 11:58:54 -0800

I have no objection to non-GNU software being on subversion.

But I think it should be handled on a case-by-case basis, not by
declaring to the world "hey, put your stuff here!"

We should advertise it and make it available to GNU hackers.  If a
well-known GNU hacker wants to put some other piece of free software
on it, we should not object.  If someone we've never heard of says
they want something there, and it has nothing to do with GNU, then we
might think more carefully.

The GNU Project has worked for many many years quite successfully by
holding to a "no-policy policy".  Let's keep it that way.

Thomas