Re: Ping Packagers

From: Dustin Kirkland
Subject: Re: Ping Packagers
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:37:17 -0800

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Dustin Kirkland <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hello everyone. Are there any screen packagers on this list? I am
>> contemplating a sort of a beta-release somewhat soon-ish (still
>> non-trivial amount of work to do, though, so no ETA yet), and was
>> thinking if this list is the best place to reach the packagers.
>
> Hello-
>
> I maintain (along with some others) the screen package in Ubuntu, and
> I do follow this list.
>
> We (Ubuntu) as well as Debian are carrying a stack of patches against
> Screen.  Could we see about getting as many of these as possible into
> your next upstream release?

FYI, you can see the patches we're carrying at:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/karmic/screen/karmic/files/head%3A/debian/patches/

The vast majority of these patches predate my involvement and are
merely inherited from Debian.

The one that I most importantly want to get upstream is the trivial
33increase_max_winmsg_renditions.dpatch:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-branches/ubuntu/karmic/screen/karmic/annotate/head%3A/debian/patches/33increase_max_winmsg_renditions.dpatch

How would you like to proceed?  Should I repost each and every one of
these individually to the list?  Or can you take a look at each of
them, and cherry pick the ones that are immediately acceptable, and we
can debate the rest?

:-Dustin