Re: [Simulavr-devel] SimulAvrxx for Win32/don't build for TCL if no TCL

From: Bill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] SimulAvrxx for Win32/don't build for TCL if no TCL
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:22:54 -0400

Thanks to Kai, and Thanks to Oleg's prodding, I have commited several
build-related changes to CVS.

1.)
It turns out that with the latest "cygwin" environment, simulavrxx
bulids successfully on the Microsoft Windows platform. (I personally
built it on MS/Win2k) Make sure that if you built binutils with
"--prefix=/x/y/z" that /x/y/z/bin is in your path or you will need to
tell ./configure where the tools are. (by default, /usr/local will be
used, which should be fine)

I have not tested it on Ms/Win32 yet, so beware though. YMMV ;-)

Now a questions: Who can make a cygwin package for this that can be
added to the "cygwin"'s setup program? I have looked into this a bit, it
looks like it should be pretty straightforward technically, but it would
need a cygwin maintainer I think, if I remember the cywin rules.

2.)
Oleg was kind enough to submit a great patch to change how the build
works. I am a bit stubborn, so I looked it over and didn't exaclty
accept his patch, but I think I did solve the problems he was pointing
out, at least to a large degree.

I'm sure I'll hear about it if I missed anything ;-) (seriously, if I
haven't made life easier or there are more things you would like to see
different, please let me know. No promises, but I really appreciated
Oleg's approach to this)