Re: [Simulavr-devel] SimulAvrxx for Win32/don't build for TCL if no TCL

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] SimulAvrxx for Win32/don't build for TCL if no TCL
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 07:19:35 -0600

Bill wrote:

Thanks to Kai, and Thanks to Oleg's prodding, I have commited several
build-related changes to CVS.

1.)
It turns out that with the latest "cygwin" environment, simulavrxx
bulids successfully on the Microsoft Windows platform. (I personally
built it on MS/Win2k) Make sure that if you built binutils with
"--prefix=/x/y/z" that /x/y/z/bin is in your path or you will need to
tell ./configure where the tools are. (by default, /usr/local will be
used, which should be fine)

I have not tested it on Ms/Win32 yet, so beware though. YMMV ;-)

Now a questions: Who can make a cygwin package for this that can be
added to the "cygwin"'s setup program? I have looked into this a bit, it
looks like it should be pretty straightforward technically, but it would
need a cygwin maintainer I think, if I remember the cywin rules.

Ugh. Please, please, *please*, don't make it a cygwin package. It doesn't make any sense to do it as such as none of the other AVR tools are cygwin packages either. I fully intend to include simulavrxx into the WinAVR distribution. I haven't done so yet as previously it hasn't built for either Cygwin or MinGW. Now that it does, I will make sure it gets in the next WinAVR release.

Eric